SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

As I look up to the sky today

This morning I struck on the idea of looking through satellite images for things other than landmarks and static objects. Lo and behold, a Wired article discusses the same phenomenon, with some cool images. I found shots of boats cutting through black seawater like shooting stars. Perhaps you would like to see them?

When I discovered the entire globe was available on Google, I zoomed over to Japan. This is where I lived; it's a heavily developed and populated area. Kyoto and Osaka should be in this shot. But they aren't! Perhaps someone who knows more than I do about satellite photo technology can explain what is going on here. My theory is that it travelled backwards in time and is sending images back from the pre-industrial period.

2 comments:

drvono said...

Maybe it's because Japan is not located in Miami, which is where that link is pointing to...

Sui Generis said...

Nah dude, that is pretty clearly not Miami. Google maps just displays the last search key used, but I clicked over an ocean away from Florida after that!