SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Acceptance (of non-acceptance)

We decided not to do anything unless something changes, so we're staying in our current apartment and just doing the long commute for now. I have calmed down and accepted my situation-- although when I named this post "Acceptance," I realized how that might confuse some people. To clarify: I'm just talking about inner harmony here, not getting into law school. In other words, I'm back to waiting.

But, now I'm waiting proactively. We're running full-scale on Plan B, looking at apartments and townhomes between J's job and mine. We're throwing away a ton of our crap in anticipation of the move (and simplification is its own reward). I'm outlining a second novel. There's a good chance we'll be getting a dog soon. And numerous secret plans are afoot.

It's a good place to be. But it's going to throw the future of this site a bit off course if I continue down this road. I'll need a new tagline: "the blog of a boy who didn't go to law school."


Categories: life, law school

7 comments:

Jenna said...

....numerous secret plans??????

Shannon said...

A dog! When? What kind?

Sui Generis said...

nenner: that's right, baby. SG got some tricks up his sleeve.

whylaw: Soon (I hope)! A Pug!

Shannon said...

Awww :) I love pugs! Are you going to get a baby? Be sure to take lots of pictures!

Sui Generis said...

short answer: I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

DeniseUMLaw said...

Inner harmony is highly underrated. Sounds like you're on the right track! :)

drvono said...

rhetorical question: Wasn't it you who once told me that Pugs are the ugliest dogs out there?