SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut

It's been a crazy week; I haven't gotten around to this review and I'm already waist-deep into The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. Here we go. My review of Breakfast of Champions.

If you don't read novels because there aren't enough pictures, then Breakfast of Champions is the book for you.

No, seriously, I liked it. Slaughterhouse-5 was better. But this one has its own kind of charm. I think I'd have enjoyed it more if I were more familiar with the whole Vonnegut oeuvre. I've never read a book like it: he uses himself as a character in the book, but not in an annoying or pretentious way. It's like a playground of words and drawings that he freely messes with. Just plain fun to read, but also thought-provoking, of course. Next on the Vonnegut reading list: Cat's Cradle.

No comments: