SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Nail biting

My wife and I have a sizeable amount of money sunk into the St. Paul Craftstravaganza, an event for which the vendor applications are due in less than two weeks. We need around fifty vendors to support our basic marketing budget, but we're hoping to host around seventy in total. We're doing well, since we have received some applications and I didn't think we'd see any until around now. Still, it's impossible to tell how many we will get in our mailbox between now and the cutoff date. I admit it, I'm nervous.

Once this part is out of the way, the rest of the planning is cake. Sure, in a few months I'll start to worry about drawing a crowd of shoppers to the event but at least by then I'll know we have an event to attract people to. It's all up in the air right now.

Realistically? Yes, I think we will be fine. We've done a ton of marketing online and on the streets to let artists know what we're up to. I'm optimistic. I know logically that there's nothing to fear. But just between you and me? I'm a bit of a wreck. It's like waiting for law school acceptance letters all over again. And we all know how that turned out. (I can't believe I was still waiting to hear back from schools last August...worst mistake of my life!)

No comments: