SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Sui Generis is all over August like special sauce on a Big Mac

July is nearly over (finally!) and my next post will be all up in glorious August. It's gonna be a great month. We have classes starting at my waitlisted law schools and then I can wave goodbye to what might have been, a missed opportunity or the worst mistake of my life.

Each week is seven days closer to my September vacation in France, during which time I plan to drink at least a bottle of wine a day and live it up à la Hemingway. No but really I hope that Paris will inspire me to write without driving me to depression, alcoholism, and suicide.

In the States, single-gear enthusiasts have two big events to get excited about. The 1st International Fixed Gear Symposium is being held in Traverse City, MI, and the next weekend we have the Single Speed World Championship in PA. Locally, the MBMA invites you to attend the Bicycle Film Fest on the 20th. I wish I could go but I think my wife would veto that plan, because...

Most importantly, August 20 is my first anniversary of marriage to Mrs. Generis. It's been a happy year and I'm looking forward to many more. See, I didn't forget! Love you, baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Satori in Paris?
>^..^<