SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Hatred

Riding home tonight was one of those times I felt sick and sad for humanity because I started out seeing a poor little raccoon curled up tight and dead by the side of the road in a nest of leaves, and not long after a bird absolutely crushed and splattered across the road by these damn cars; then I--even I--almost ran over a squirrel who decided to dash across the street inches from my front tire but I missed the little nut hugger and breathed a sigh of relief.

Then I was yelled and honked at and I mourned for the world and this once-great land of America. I wish it didn't get to me, but it does. There's so much hatred being spread around every day I don't see how we humans can last much longer before we destroy each other. But that's the way it's always been. There is love too. Embrace it where you find it. There may not be enough to save the world but it can save your soul.

No comments: