SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

2003 Georges Duboeuf Juliénas

Billed as a red wine for people who don't like red wine, Beaujolais doesn't disappoint. I drank some Regnie from the 2002 vintage and enjoyed it. 2003 was a banner year for the region, so I made sure to pick up a couple of bottles and try them for comparison. At just over $10, this wine is a great value!



It's light and fruity and just fun to drink. We had it with some homemade pesto and bowtie noodles. Never before have I been so aware of a wine pairing; something in that sauce popped when combined with the taste of the wine. I'm going to buy a few more bottles of this vintage while I still can, unless it's already too late. Red wine doesn't get any more approachable than this.

Categories: wine

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Don't buy more than you can drink, though - Beaujolais is meant to be drunk immediately.

Yes, I once wanted to get into wine. I was won over by its superior, however - beer. :)