SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Hit a rut, goalsetting strategies

Mysterious front-wheel flats are keeping me off my bike, and not having a job is keeping me busy with job applications and (hopefully soon) interviews. It's important to have a plan of action. I agreed with J on some extra responsibilities that I'd pick up around the house. Usually we share the chores pretty evenly--although I know we both feel at times that we are getting an unfair share of the burden!

This morning I got the heat working. I'm cleaning up in between making calls to prospective employers. Later I'll go grocery shopping, since I promised to cook a real dinner every day that I'm unemployed. This goal is as fun for me as it is hopefully rewarding to J; I love to cook, but it's one of the things that fell by the wayside after marriage and other responsibilities crept into our lives.

The daily grind makes it too easy to lose sight of what we really want. At least, I've found that to be the case. I'm taking advantage of my jobless time to refocus on living the life that I want to live.

1 comment:

Sascha said...

coupla options for mysterious flats:

1. Your tire is just old and has several bits of debris that you can't get out

2. There is one thing in your tire that is continuing to puncture your tubes in the same place. Running your finger around on the inside is a good way to get it out of the tire and embed it in your finger. I did that recently but had to use tweezers to get the tiny metal fragment out of the tire.

3. your rimstrip tape is improperly applied or worn out and a spoke is poking the tire.