SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

The garden in July

The purple coneflower that my mother-in-law gave us has been attracting birds and bees. I was too slow to catch a goldfinch that landed on these flowers--the first one I have ever seen in our neighborhood--but this honeybee sat still enough for a close-up shot.

We've also had migrating butterfly visitors lately. This monarch is enjoying some nectar from a neighboring coneflower.

Phlox is flowering. White is mixed in with lavender for a pleasant contrast in blooms. I don't remember if we planted these, or if they were already here when we bought the house.

And here's the Hosta. We basically grow these things for their pretty foliage, but I really enjoy the flowers too. This is from our monster Hosta growing near the water supply on the side of our house. It just keeps getting bigger.

No comments: