SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Mainichi Hanafuda: paulownia junk #3

It all depends on what game you're playing, but in the rules of Japanese Koi Koi, the paulownia suit is the only one with three junk cards. However, the third one is decorated with a colored ground and (usually) the name of the manufacturer.

Of course it doesn't really matter what goes in that space, but I wanted to put something in there for consistency with standard hanafuda decks. My own name is too long when it's Japanafied, and I can't find my hanko stamp that I used to sign my sumi-e paintings. I thought about using the Japanese word for paulownia (kiri) but that's not fancy enough. In the end, I decided to maintain the mystery and used the kanji you see here for those "in the know" to decipher.

No comments: