SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Happy White Day!

Last night I brought home a bouquet of jade roses to give my wife for White Day. White Day is a terrific Japanese holiday that we men should really lobby for here in America. Valentine Day in Japan is when women give chocolate to men. Then, one month later, the men give gifts in return.

It is a brilliant setup for many reasons, but primarily because it serves as a one month reminder and extension of time to prepare a gift (it is especially ironic that I can forget about Valentine's Day since February 14 is, in fact, my birthday). So next time you forget to do anything on February 14, you can tell your significant other: "of course I didn't forget about Valentine's Day, honey! I am one month early for White Day!"


Tags:

No comments: