SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Winners Never Quit

Leaving the company is so in vogue now that our HR Director didn't bat an eye when I came into her office to resign today.

"I've got some bad news," I said.
"Oh, you're resigning. When's your last day?"
"Um, the 7th. I wrote a letter..."
"That's great, thanks. Just notify your supervisor, and I'll schedule an exit interview for next week."

And just like that it was all taken care of. If I'd known it was this easy, I'd have done it a long time ago! With the safety net of this job removed, I can build up the FEAR I need to begin the hard work of looking for another one. Mostly, though, I just feel (switching metaphors now) relieved of a burden that's been troubling me for a long time. I'm liberated... free as the wind blows! Speaking of things that blow, unemployment's creeping up on me. Time to get back to that job search. Next post will be about Paris.

Categories: work

1 comment:

CM said...

Happy belated blogiversary!

Hooray for quitting! It's such a great feeling to walk away. Hope you have a good break and then find something better.