SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Welcome to the home stretch

NaNoWriMo novelists, it is do or die time. Unless like me a year ago you finished after the first two weeks of November, then you are even done with the celebration and moving on to the next big thing. If you are me this year, then you still have about 10,000 words to go, but that's okay. All you have to do is keep on typing at the same pace you have for the past seven or eight days and you will be fine.

With the victory of another soon-to-be-successfully completed novel in the air, not even the slicky snowy weather can get me down! It was staying rainy and not freezing last night so I stayed late at the bike shop with John (we were the only two volunteers who showed up) and tricked out a lowriding cruiser bike. We fit chunky new BMX pedals and I switched out the 20" back wheel for a 24" coaster brake wheel with the fattest tire I could find. I had to deflate the tube to fit it in and still it barely fit. I was trying to find a ridiculously skinny 20" wheel and tire to go on front, but then it really was getting late so I just adjusted the seat and took it for a few laps up and down the length of the shop.

We got some photos on the disposable camera so I'll try to wrap up that roll and get it developed soon for you lucky readers. I chugged home in the rain and it was still not too cold, so I got home sweaty and hot. It was a great night and it got me amped about the future. I'm done with living in the past. Let's move forward and take what we can get. Are you with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep. I'm with you!
- John