SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

What happens in Vegas?


Fremont Street, 1979, originally uploaded by Roadsidepictures.

I just learned that I'll be traveling to Las Vegas next week on business. I didn't plan to blog much in November, but I have one request before I disappear. It's my first trip to Vegas, and I'm going to have some free time on Monday and Tuesday nights.

I have a room at the Tropicana, so I plan to entertain myself mostly by walking up the strip and people-watching, just taking it all in. I don't have a lot of money, but I do have a budget for some reimbursable expenses. Does anyone have advice on where to find the following things:

  1. A relatively quiet pub (not a club) where I could get a well-mixed drink
  2. A nice place to hear jazz (possibly the same bar as #1)
  3. A fancy restaurant with good vegetarian food and wine
Also, are there any cheap can't-miss attractions on the strip? Conversely, which over-hyped attractions should I plan to avoid? Thanks, everyone! I am psyched about this trip.

No comments: