SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

spring fever/cleaning

I haven't missed posting here that much, but my wife told me to update last night, and I always do what she says. To recap, we bought a house, I started a new job, and the Craftstravaganza is less than two months away. The past couple of weeks, we've been getting settled in our home. We have cable again, thus the blogging. Out-of-doors, there's a lovely garden that we are muddling with.

At the Depot, my new old 3-speed Raleigh is being repaired with the help of shop manager "downtown" Dave Blessing. It's a gorgeous bike with a dynohub on front, Sturmey-Archer '72 on rear, Brooks saddle, the works. I'll post photos for the vintage bike geeks when it's done. If all goes as planned, I will be riding this worthy steed at the Lake Pepin 3-Speed Tour with my dad next weekend.

I guess that's what I am most excited about right now. The usual rash of weddings this summer, baby stuff, &c... I should point out for the sake of my tomodachi in Japan that there's new Spore footage from E3, so bideo o mite kudasai. Domo. (update: long video featuring Robin Williams)

1 comment:

ningyo said...

that's it! That's the clincher! I am surely going to Nintendo Headquarters in Kyoto this year and signing up, BEGGING them even to be an E3 babe (maybe Shion or something) so I can go to E3 next year!

Probably they'd just make me be a giant stuffed animal crossing thing...

Either way, does it matter? I'm going to E3 next year! I must!