SUI GENERIS punk rock bike shop home-brew art/craft love

Lazy Weekend

I had another nice, laid-back weekend with my wife. Forgive me if I don't feel like writing about law school when I'm trying to relax for a couple of days, but I'll keep posting my photos every Saturday and Sunday. How does that strike you?

I'm mostly in waiting mode with applications now, so I've had more free time to think about other things. Halloween is coming up, and I'm still trying to decide on a costume. The fall colors and cool temperatures are bringing back memories of last year at this time, which was a very fun season in my relationship with J. I was out of college and working, and she was still living in Wisconsin with one semester to go, so I drove out there at least once every other weekend to visit.

Fall used to be only a wicked harbinger of the dreaded winter to come, but now it reminds me of her... cuddling up under a heated blanket; drinking hot chocolate spiked with peppermint schnapps; playing Dr. Mario on her decrepit NES (she beat me every time); walking along the river and climbing up trees; renting two-for-a-dollar movies that I would watch while she fell asleep with her head in my lap... those were some of the best days of my life.

No comments: